Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Six, Mr. Pritchett


It's that time again - when I ask you to indulge us in a personal moment. I met Bryan 12 1/2 years ago and married him 6 years ago today. We were living in Dallas at the time. Along the way our friends Scott and Kelly married in Seaside and introduced us to this magical place. We vacationed with them at least once a year in Seaside/Seagrove, then eventually were engaged and married here. It was during our honeymoon that we decided this was the place we wanted to live. I love that we were married at the house owned by my now best friend's extended family. I love that we live less than a mile from the spots on the beach where we were engaged and married.

Today I went to the Seaside Yard Sale with Bryan and our little girl. We attended this event on our honeymoon and have made it an annual tradition ever since. We went to the beach today which was as amazingly beautiful as I remember it being on our honeymoon {October is the most gorgeous month here!}. My daughter and I walked on the sand bars as her Daddy and I did six years ago. Then we all had lunch and toasted {she LOVES saying "Cheers"} at Bud & Alley's like we did on our honeymoon.

This was a special day for so many reasons. We live in paradise. I am married to a man I am still happy to call my best friend. Our child has blessed our lives in more ways than we ever could have imagined. We are truly blessed. And while in my adulthood I have realized that marriage, family and adult responsibility don't always mean things will be easy, I have also discovered that it is during the good and bad times that a family grows stronger.

This is all a lot of rambling to simply say Happy Anniversary, Bryan. I am as in love with you as I was the day we married. Seeing you as a father and leader of our home has only strengthened our bond. I am proud to be your wife.